WOW! Both blogs have been quiet!

12

WOW! Both blogs have been quiet!

LoveTheTropics
Any new topics we can throw out there.
Did you read the latest blog on LHVC about telling the truth selling memberships?
I found that interesting.

Re: WOW! Both blogs have been quiet!

Diver
I love Lifestyle Holidays... Yet, i do understand why people do get upset, particularly...When in order to sell, the sellers tell a whole bunch of lies. It hurts us all when the resort gets bad reviews due to the sellers false promises. I say, be clear and and sincerely about each membership... I believe that each seller should be held accountable for false promises..

We were SOLD membership
November 2007 Not used Reason unavailable SISTER resorts E-mails to sales rep
No success dates etc.
Put our junior suite Lifestyle on re-sale programme . Re-sale department not contacted us Difficult to understand is their motto
' ONLY TELL IT TO YOUR BEST FRIENDS'.
IF something sounds too good to be true ---- it usually is. Anyone want to buy? wer'e selling. ANY OFFERS ?

These post , I copied them dur to the fact sometimes post come up missing when computer reboots

Re: WOW! Both blogs have been quiet!

Diver
THANKS FOR YOUR COLOURFUL COMMENTS BUT OTHER PEOPLE WITH DIFFERENT EXPERIENCES MAY NOT FEEL
THE SAME AND NOT AS PRIVALIGED AS YOU SOUND TO BE AND NEED TO BE CONSERVATIVE WITH THEIR RESOURSES. OURS IS ONE OF DISSAPOINTMENT AS WE HAVE NOT RECEIVED ' BANG FOR OUR BUCK'
PROMISES - NO DELIVERY- TALK - NO BACK - UP. SPENT WHAT WE CAN ILL AFFORD TO GIVE AWAY
WORKED HARD TO ENJOY SOME LEISURE - IF YOU FEEL BENEVOLENT - YOU CAN BUY OUR SHARE -HALF PRICE..LHVC APPEARS NOT TO HAVE MANY SISTERS

Or this post , alot of people get mad about the sister resort thing

Forgive me but were they talking about the members selling their membership or the salesperson selling the membership to us. I'm confused!
I really don't understand your blog...I'm sorry.

Re: WOW! Both blogs have been quiet!

LoveTheTropics
Okay I get it. I just went to LHVC blog and you copied and pasted a comment.
I hope the resort is monitoring their blogs and taking notes because this is not good. They are not keeping their promise to me nor are they giving me what my contract has and agreed upon. What's that all about.
When they sold me my membership...my husband and I said this place is a no brainer-LETS BUY INTO IT!
This is too good to be true. I hope LHVC doesn't blow it! I want to enjoy this place for many years to come!!
One comment I want to make....there is NO excuse for overbooking and No excuse to ask a VIP members to change the accommodations  they had booked. That is not a first class operation. That is why you can not rate this resort a 5 Star. Oh, I believe it's got the potential.

Re: WOW! Both blogs have been quiet!

Diver
most of the complaints from owners I see are ones about sister resorts , the sister resorts are difficult to get , actually I rarely try to get one because of the fact you can never get anything , You can do trades into RCI so thats the best place to try to get somthing
For me I love the resort in Puerto Plata , It would be nice to have access to other areas , but I dont count on it , The main complaints I see from non members is also with sales being to agressive , and a few where owners promice things that dont come through

Re: WOW! Both blogs have been quiet!

LoveTheTropics
It's not only what they promised, it's what is in the contract that they are not giving me anymore.

Re: WOW! Both blogs have been quiet!

Told only my friends
 I purchased unlimited weeks until 2052, I can only imagine the booking issues in 10 years, nevermind 40 years from now. If they plan to keep on selling timeshares like no tomorrow, I hope they'll keep building more accomodations as well. If not, it could get ugly.

Re: WOW! Both blogs have been quiet!

Told only my friends
 Just looked at the LHVC blog, it appears someone upgraded to "platinum supreme", guarenteed a 6 room villa, then they find out they'll only get it if it's available when they arrive. If platinum supreme members get this treatment, what can I expect as a basic member? Will I arrive and be told sorry, the jr suites are all filled, you can sleep on a bed in the VIP world?

Re: WOW! Both blogs have been quiet!

Lulubelle
that could be fun! The getting ugly bit that is!  I too thought the blogs had been quiet but hey everyone has woken up now!

Re: WOW! Both blogs have been quiet!

Lulubelle
Have any of you guys seen the site which has loads of complaints and moans on it about the Lifestyle club?  I found it yesterday and was amazed and shocked at what I read.  The site was directly under the official Lifestyle site too!  I worry about the future of the place and quite agree that alot of it isn't 5 star.  I wouldn't say that the villa we had in Feb was 5*.  It was nice but not like the show villas which by the way they tell you they don't have!  Yeah right!

Re: WOW! Both blogs have been quiet!

Love the Tropics
I copied and pasted the blog from LHVC website.

While recently in DR we decided to upgrade our membership to the new "Platinum Supreme".
Now, I have yet to book a trip with my new membership, but am in the planning stages. I'm hoping to lock down a 6 bedroom villa as I am "guaranteed" one, but Customer Service claims that although a villa is guaranteed, a 6 bedroom is not guaranteed until I arrive. If available I am entitled to it.
Has anyone had a similar experience?

I'm telling you....WE ALL HAVE TO WATCH OUT FOR WHAT IS GOING ON AROUND US! I am also a victim and let me tell you it's not a nice feeling. I am worried for the future.
How can we get this member this blog without lifestyle knowing about it so he can also vent!!

Re: WOW! Both blogs have been quiet!

Lulubelle
Love The Tropics
Hopefully you had a great vacation  - must've been god if you upgraded!  Are you at liberty to say how much that cost?  Also do you know what you get for that?  What did you upgrade from?  I think if you have booked a 6 bed villa you should be ok but with them overbooking maybe they say you will only know on arrival to cover their overbooking?  I don't think overbooking is acceptable and I think I was lucky this last trip to get my villa after them asking me if I would like to take hotel rooms instead!

Re: WOW! Both blogs have been quiet!

Diver
some how you need to find their e-mail address and e-mail them this website

Re: WOW! Both blogs have been quiet!

Diver
I know a 6 bedroom package is 90 to 100 thousand dollars

Re: WOW! Both blogs have been quiet!

LoveTheTropics
Lulubelle

That blog wasn't mine it was a members I read on LHVC blog. I copied and pasted it because I thought it would be interesting for everyone to see it and be aware of the various complaints. We don't need to hear the positive because we all know what they are or else we would of never bought into the membership.
But its when you read too many negative reviews that are pretty much the same that I feel we all need to know about.
I consider myself pretty sharp and aware of what's going on around me and let me tell you what I think.
We are in for it...all of us....even the Supreme members. Once they come up with another level of membership the Supreme members will be joining the group of complaints.
I've spent several hours surfing the internet on LHVC and you would not believe all the negative reports lately. There operations is not a good one! This is a shame because this place has such potential and I think they are going to blow it.
It's funny, my husband and I always wanted to invest in something but was always unsure if we would make the right choice. Those salespeople painted a great picture to us that it just seemed to be a no brainer to invest into a membership. What a mistake!!!

Re: WOW! Both blogs have been quiet!

whatatreat
We have just returned today from lifestyles, and like a lot of other members did not get our villa (they did pay for our all-inclusive for 2 weeks though), but how can they run a business like this, there were hundreds of people who were staying for free, because they had overbooked the villas. The sales department is sooooo desperate, they will sell platinum supreme for around $60000. They are making promises that they just can not keep.  For example, they offered me to upgrade to platinum supreme for another $35000 ( I currently own a 3 bedroom unlimited gold villa) And I know they would have went lower. I would never have to pay all-inclusive when I was there, and of cause, all the other stuff we all know about. My point is, they are so hungry to get cash today, that they will do anything to sell. I would be very surprised if they (We) are still in business in a year from now. This just can't work, there are way too many members, and they can't keep expanding the member base without new accommodations. Which they say they are working on but are they? They are building 1 new villa (which has been under construction since last Feb 2008) Has anyone seen pictures from Samana??? And they have big plans for the middle part by VIP world, but the office building is going very slow, they say they don't want to disturb the members during the busy season?? Just a word of caution to everyone, DO NOT PUT MORE MONEY INTO THIS PLACE RIGHT NOW. Unless you are a huge risk taker, this is not the time for us to loose more than what we have already invested.

Re: WOW! Both blogs have been quiet!

LoveTheTropics
Whatatreat

What accommodations did they give you? And did you have to take it or did you have the option to give
up your villa?

Did you get a golf cart?

Re: WOW! Both blogs have been quiet!

whatatreat
We were given a junior suite, right in building 5, 5311 very nice room. They did give us the option of keeping the villa, but it was only me and my wife, so we decided to take the free vacation. They also gave us a golf cart, so it really worked out well. Tried to book for feb 14-21, 2010, but all the villas are already booked. Did get feb 21- mar 6, 2010. In a villa. And 3 junior suites for feb 14-21, 2010. Hope they are still there in a year from now???????????
12