Use of a Villa?

justascubadude
We just bought some weeks in a 1 bedroom and were told during the sale that as long as we gave 90 days notice we could use a Villa.  Then we try to make reservations for a trip in 9 months and they say we can make a 1 bedroom reservation and then call back 30 days before departure and see if any villas are open and if they are we can get one.

Anyone has this issue and how did you get it resolved.   They really don't seem to care we were lied to at all.  All they want to do is selll us a Villa package to correct the issue.

I love this place and want to use it often but now to bring down friends we either have to rent two apartments and pay double fees and burn up two weeks or pray to God that a Villa is available (which we all no is not likely to happen).

HELP!  I need advice!

Re: Use of a Villa?

Not so happy
Hi, I feel your pain. Your best chance of getting a villa is making a post on this site, and ask a platinum member if they would sell you a week in a villa. You might have to pay a few bucks more, but at least you are guaranteed a reservation for your whole group. If I knew then what I know now I never would have bought a membership, but try to use the resources available on this site and you should be able to get a villa, with more perks than you get yourself. Good luck

Re: Use of a Villa?

justascubadude
How does using someone elses membership get me any perks?  We were told that even as members if we rented from somone else we lost our benefit (gold band) and only got the basics from theirs and the whole practive of renting from someone else as members was frowned upon.

We too would not have bought had we known the hassle it would be.  But we loved serenity beach and that is what our weak point was, not being able to use it unless we were members.

Re: Use of a Villa?

Not so happy
I have a friend who has a platinum supreme membership, and from what he tells me you will get everything that he gets when you are there as his guest.( Including the helicopter) If you would like I will send you the link for his site, and you can check it out yourself. This is my email address.

sportfanatic123@gmail.com

Remember this is not my membership, but I talk to the guy just about everyday, and I'm sure he would help you out.
P.S. You mentioned a new beach? Where is it? Do they still have VIP Beach? We are going back in December, and look forward to seeing the changes that they have done since February.

Re: Use of a Villa?

justascubadude
I sent you an email.  Hope to hear from you soon.

Re: Use of a Villa?

justascubadude
The new beach is "Serenity Beach" and is really small and near the point where they have the Sunday VIP party.  It has beach beds, hammocks, swings, and large beach pillows.  It also has a full bar.  It is shaded by large palms and the water is really clear as compted to VIP beach.

We love it and spent many days there just relaxing the in the quiet luxury.

Hopefully is stays quiet and does not get to popular but you have to have a gold band to get in.

Re: Use of a Villa?

mac4mand
 We have a platinum supreme membership and we were told anyone who went on ours would get all perks.

 We have a group going down in November to see if there are any problems.

 E-mail if you would like....   mac444404@yahoo.com

Re: Use of a Villa?

justascubadude
Thanks for the info.  I sent you an email.

Re: Use of a Villa?

schmo
Yea the new serinety beach is for gold bands only , If you take guest they will have the gold bands and be able to use it if you just rent to guest then they have the blue bands and wont be able to use it. so it should free up the regular vip beach for the renters and the new beach for owners and guest who travel with them

Re: Use of a Villa?

lovethetropics
I am a lifetime platinum supreme member and unless I tell LHVC that I want a particular guest to be entitled to my full benefits will they get it. LHVC only allows supreme members to give our privileges to a select number of guests in a year(family or close friends). So if a guest gets my full benefits (with LHVC being notified) they will get a gold band and if I don't want that guest to receive it for one reason or another they will get a blue band. I personally am selective to whom I give to because the privilege is limited(never was told an exact amount)but I am sure they don't want us to abuse the membership. Hope this clarifies things!

Re: Use of a Villa?

lovethetropics
I am a supreme member and they told me unless I tell LHVC to give the guest my full benefits they will not receive it! And also told me that I am limited to the amount of guest that I give it out to. I guess this makes sense because if all of us gave it out to everyone then why should anybody buy or upgrade. And remember if we did give it out to everyone Serenity Beach would be just  as crowded as vip beach can be at times.

Re: Use of a Villa?

schmo
that all makes sence I am also Lifetime platnium supreme member and they never even told me about guest getting gold bands unless I was with them , or about alot of other stuff it seems like you find out a little at a time from talking to other owners

Re: Use of a Villa?

schmo
I have sent several close friends and family and would have liked them to get gold band

Re: Use of a Villa?

mac4mand
  I think I am like most others, I understand why they want to keep something just for the owners. Everyone would like their friends to be able to do everything, but they don't want it crowded for them. Hopefully the new beach will free up the VIP for others.

Re: Use of a Villa?

lovethetropics
Have you ever sat down with customer service (not a salesperson). If not, you should with a list of questions. They are very accommodating and answer all your concerns. I always like to hear it from the horses mouth itself! Too many misunderstood roomers go around. I visited cs for over an hour and honestly, they gave me more information than what I was asking for. Once they explain things to you, you will get a better idea why certain things are happening at the resort. It's not so bad as it looks.

Re: Use of a Villa?

schmo
I have spent many hours with them and They do give you info when you ask but they get pretty vague and say they will check on it and get back to you. I think who ever you have as your rep makes a big difference. I think they just have to dodge around what sales comes up with. Now you have the realestate people to deal with. anyway it seems to work out and everyone I have sent was very happy