Selling memberships

whatatreat
Has anyone ever tried to sell their membership? If so, how did you make out? And how did you sell it? We would like to sell our Unlimited gold villa ( 3 bedroom villa guarantee ) Good for 45 years.  If anyone are interested please email me for details @ andersen65@yahoo.com

Re: Selling memberships

Love the Tropics
Sorry to hear things were so bad that you want to sell. Honestly I don't think this is the right time to sell the way the economy is all over the world. I hear there is no profit when you sell a membership?? What did you hear? The only info I have about selling is if you use a timeshare company never use anyone that ask for any $ up front. There is allot of scams out there! Also when I signed at the resort they asked me if I wanted to buy a resale membership. So I guess they can sell them too.

Re: Selling memberships

whatatreat
Thanks for the input. i am just testing the waters, if I can't get anything for it, at least it doesn't cost me anything to hold on to it until it might be worth a little bit.  And now that I have contact with all these platinum supreme members, there is really no use for me to have my own membership, as I will get better service dealing with 1 of them. ( And I don't have to deal with customer service ).

Re: Selling memberships

Lulubelle
Hi Whatatreat.  Ive read that folk have problems selling thro the re-sale programme as they are obviously going to want to sell full price packages to the unsuspecting folk entering the resort!  Only joking we don't have too many complaints so far!

Re: Selling memberships

whatatreat
Hi Lulubelle. I keep hearing about people who don't have any problems, I really don't know why they are treating us the way they do. It is now going on 4 weeks that we have been waiting for a confirmation on a villa for Feb 2010. We have accreditation in our account to cover all 3 weeks and they told us there was availability for the dates we requested, but still no confirmation? My wife also asked about having a wedding at the resort for her sister, and availability for Sept, Oct 2009. And they still haven't responded about that yet either, that was also 4 weeks ago. We even filled out all the forms. Whenever we contact our rep, she won't reply with any answers. She send us a email yesterday saying, our accreditation and reservation requests are being investigated? Investigated? What does that mean? And she said she would respond today, but of cause, no reply. I don't know what we have done to piss them off? Maybe it is because I don't always leave nice on their blog? ( Never nasty or degrading, just venting about the resort )

Re: Selling memberships

Lulubelle
Hi Whatatreat!  You're not the only one who has problems from what i have read on a complaints site i found but I don't understand why they have problems with some contracts.  We must've been lucky so far as we are only on a weeks contract so not worth so much to them!  We are lucky that our rep seems quite good tho she doesn't always answer the questions exactly as i would want!  We have a superb and very honest one before who was english but I don't think she is there anymore.  Maybe a gang of us should all book to go in the same week sometime and go to customer services and sales and hold them to ransom til we get some answers!!!  Have you tried to actually phone them as they are quite good on the phone.
Lulu

[...]

This email is a reply to your post @ http://n2.nabble.com/Selling-memberships-tp2483907p2494706.html

Re: Selling memberships

Diver
You dont have to sell membership actually right now its hard to sell anything especially memberships , I cant imagine whats going on , they get right back with me , mabye call and ask them over the phone if they are mad at you or somthing , and try to work it out I look at it like its their ball field and their bat and balls so you kinda gotta play the game the way they want to , might not be exactly the way the game should be played but its just reality