Price increase

lhvcparty
Hi everyone, or no one. This site is pretty much dead! Anyway did you see the latest news letter from the resort? It seems they are hiking the all-inclusive fee again, another $10 per day:-( We have been members less than 2 years, and the price has gone from $37.50 to $57.50 US, thats pretty steep, it's not like we have received much more for our buck. I thought when we bought that it was a great price, then it went up $10 per day, still OK, and now another $10 per day, in a world that has seen much better times, I don't know how they can justify this last increase? And they are increasing it as of Sept 15, 2009. only 2 weeks notice, and we have two,  2 week trips planned in the next 4 months. That is now going to cost us $560 more than when we booked it, thats not right..... Well I guess if we don't like it we can just kiss our investment goodbye and never go back:-( Soon we might not have the option if they price us out of the market, and then start it up as a different company, I sure hope that's not what they are thinking about. Anyway just a little gloom after seeing the news letter. Hope everyone had a great summer!

Re: Price increase

schmo
I read the news today also and dont like it , but if you already have resurvations booked you are locked in at the all-inclusive fees at time of booking , so if you want to go book trips prior to sept 15. I do think the notice was way to short they should give at least 90 days notice , and I see they shut down the other board for maintance I guess they didnot want all the complaining about the price hike , I think it will be back up in a week or two that way everyone has time to cool off. I think now is a bad time to up the prices when everyone else is droping prices , but who knows they have to pay for all the new buildings they have going up and I dont think the new real estate thing is going to work out to well

Re: Price increase

justascubadude
We just bought and are having prblems with our membership from the beginning and now this.  We were told that a price increase just occurred and another would not be seem for quite a while.  This place is so full of smoke and mirrors it should be a magic show and not a resort.

While we loved the place they are so deceptive that is is unthinkable!

Re: Price increase

Not so happy
Yes, these people have no problems looking you straight in the face and lying to you. They will say whatever they can to get your money. The thing that makes this place so great is the workers at the resort, they just treat you like royalty, and that is what makes us go back. If I was just going because I had the membership, I think I would just walk away. It's very irritating that you always have to fight with them to get what you were promised in the first place.

Re: Price increase

justascubadude
I agree the people are great.  I just wish there would have been more people (members) that would metion this while you are on the resort.  I was expecting a hard sell and it just seemed so great and our experience itself was.  Too bad the VIP service is what really sucks and deceptive salespeople ruin the whole resort in the end.

Very sad considering how great the place really is once you are thre and have gotten through the hassle of actually getting the accomodations you were sold.

Re: Price increase

lovethetropics
We are paying the price for the new Chef and food/beverage management. I think the resort needed this as we always get negative reviews on the food. Face it, it did need improvement. It sounds like they will be doing allot of changes with the menus. If this all happens then I don't mind the increase for now but I do agree it needs to slow down as it has changed twice since I have been a member. The timing of the replacement of the chef/management wasn't great unfortunately due to the economic times. Lets keep our finger crossed that they will do good by their members as I think they want us to feel like we are all part of a family. I think we should give them a chance BUT let LHVC be aware how we feel about our future and the prices!!! I do think they listen?

Re: Price increase

schmo
They shut the board down again for maintance till everyone accecpts the price increase