Helicopter crash

Dream Holiday
Hi does anyone know anything about a helicopter crash at Lifestyles
Members just got back from Lifestyles and told me that someone told them one of the helicopters had crashed possibility the white one, which they hadn't seen
The Pilot and two guests were killed
Please don't take this seriously until known for sure
If anyone can Please find out about this
The last time I was in the white Helicopter was in March and our sight seeing trip was cancelled until the next day because of repairs and when we did go it seemed a little shaky, but i think they're always shaky
Please this could only be a bad rumor,so if anyone could please find out for me for this could jeopardize future helicopter rides for me

Re: Helicopter crash

mac4mand
We just got back friday and there was no metion of a crash.

They do just have the blue one now, but I don't know if they traded or not.

The two weeks we were there we never saw a white one.

Re: Helicopter crash

lhvcparty
I heard that the pilot who used to fly for Lifestyles crashed his helicopter, and was killed along with 2 other passengers, but he was not working for Lifestyles anymore.

Re: Helicopter crash

lovethetropics
we were down there in october took the  blue heli to the airport because they said the white one was in santiago for repairs on the fuel injection. never heard of any crash or suspected that they weren't telling the truth. it's probably a rumor as you know they can spread like wild fire...GOSH I HOPE IT'S A RUMOR!!

Re: Helicopter crash

efkochey
Yes, there was a helicopter crash on February 4, 2010.  However, it was not connected with Lifestyle Holidays nor any other resort.  It was on a flight that was giving aid to Haiti, and the pilot and 2 passengers were killed.  For details, you can to Google, and enter "Dominican Republic helicopter crash".

Re: Helicopter crash

efkochey
 I noticed that the previous blogs predated the crash to which I referred.  So, I went back to Google and found another item that indicated a crash that occurred in May, 2009.
SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic  —  A pilot and passenger aboard a helicopter owned by a former presidential candidate died after the aircraft crashed in the Dominican Republic.

This one also was not a Lifestyle Holidays helicopter.  I didn't find anything about a crash of one of their helicopters.  I guess it's still safe to use their helicopter transfer, but it does make you a bit uncertain.