Differeces between Memberships

123

Re: Differeces between Memberships

Diver
I was told BBQ was for owners only and guest dont get it
do you still get BBQ it as member
I know you get golf cart as member
not sure about guest golf cart I think that is platnium members

but besides of what is what now if you had it in your contract that is what it should be

even with platnium supreme guest dont get a BBQ

It would make things a lot simplier if they would put out a list of what level gets what and what their guest get
But I think sales has wheeled and dealed so much to sell things nobody knows what is what anymore

If guest dont get a BBQ they wont miss it unless someone elses guest get it

Guest get a great deal renting through members they get almost everything and dont have to pay thousands of dollars for the membership. If I knew before I bought just how nice it is to rent through member I would have just rented forever

Re: Differeces between Memberships

LoveTheTropics
Believe it or not I did rent originally from a customer of mine. You are right I just should of used his membership when I wanted to go down. The membership at the time just seemed to be a no brainer...that's why we bought into it.
My guest do not get a BBQ it is for me only.
What I had them agree to is that all my guests would be entitled to a golf cart...all the time, not when available. They agreed and put it in my contract. I never had any problem with my guest receiving one until now. I was so embarrassed because I told my guest they were entitled to it.
Management says that I am not entitled to that in my contract. They are interpreting it differently than what was agreed to and signed.
We must be careful because at any time when ever they feel they can make what ever they want out of your contract.

Re: Differeces between Memberships

Diver
That would be embarrising
If it is in your contract stated fairly clearly then they should honor it

I see many members charge for the golf cart , mabye they have a useage fee they pay for the golf cart and you could work it out out with them like the others have , even though you should have it covered with what you say about the contract

I guess the carts are a big deal to them when the resort is full , they could make a fortune on them if they rented them out to guest like places do here in the USA , disney gets 80 dollars a day , over there they could get at least 20 a day im sure

I have seen plenty of members stating their guest get the hellicopter service and the BBQ and booze in the room , I alwayse wondered it the guest actually got that stuff or didnt

Re: Differeces between Memberships

LoveTheTropics
I have the solutions for the golf carts. Why don't they buy a golf cart for each villa. I think that would solve allot of problems. No matter who rents everyone will get one as long as they stay in a villa. I do not charge nor did the  resort charge me for my guest to get one. Remember, I never had a problem with my guest getting a guaranteed golf cart. Something is going on there, I don't know if it is because of the new Supreme membership where all of their guest are guaranteed a golf cart and now they don't have enough. Whatever, they put it in my contract so how do they think they can take it away from me! They are fighting me on this, it is totally ridiculous. They must think I am an idiot so therefore they think I wouldn't know my rights. I don't understand the whole thing.

Re: Differeces between Memberships

Diver
I have herd that it cost as much for the import fee as it does for the golf cart , they proubably have a maintance problem also on the carts , I check into sending a truck down and the cost was rediculas with all the tax fees and the facilatator fees which is the guy pays the bribes to get things done. I am sure there are reasons they are cracking down on things, But if you have it in writing that should be pretty clear cut. I know the place has some issues but I love going there

Re: Differeces between Memberships

LoveTheTropics
Don't get me wrong. I LOVE THIS PLACE TOO! And all the staff. Can't say much about management yet, we'll see on that. I just need to iron out my problems and then I'll be happy as a pig in....(oops)

Re: Differeces between Memberships

Diver
I think most all members are happy other than the ones that bought then got home and had buyes remorse I am sure with all the troubles in the economy there will be some defalts with memberships too this year, almost every complaint I have seen has been with sales or a hard bed mabye a a/c making noise
I dont think I have ever seen a complaint against the staff

Re: Differeces between Memberships

LoveTheTropics
There is no reason to complain about the staff, they are wonderful and accommodating. But I have heard complaints about members memberships not being honored as told. This is why I feel we need to watch out, listen to what is around us and take notes. After all you need to protect yourself and I would hate for my situation to be the beginning of a trend with memberships. Face it, they are getting big! Maybe too big for what they can handle.

Re: Differeces between Memberships

Diver
I agree we all need to keep track of whats what

Re: Differeces between Memberships

Lulubelle
Hi all!  this is a great forum passed to me by a nice guy in the US of A!  I wonder whats going to happen in a few years time!?  At least they are building new villas but there will never be enough with the way they are selling.  If you have a junior suites membership and you want to upgrade to say a 1 or 2 bed appt you should have a list in your contract of what you would have to pay and that should never change! We bought in at the JS level on a limited weeks and our rate was $199. per week, for a 2 bed appt its something like $350.  We upgraded last year to a limited weeks villa package which means we have 22 weeks over 25 years to use.  We kept our original rates so we only have to pay $699 for a villa but we are only guarranteed a 3 bed in peak time!
I don't know what the answer is to all the overbooking but although I would do the same, people renting out their weeks certainly can't help but I realise that it makes you guys money and helps to pay for your membership!
If they are giving you a credit for your timeshare but not actually taking them then surely they are just giving you a discount!  Therefore they could just be charging too much in the first place!!!!
Still like someone said we love it there and as long as we get what we ordered we are so happy!

Re: Differeces between Memberships

Told only my friends
 I too was told they would take my timeshare, which has'nt happened. Out of curiosity, how much did they charge you for a jr suite. After taking off 11,000 for my other timeshare, I ended up paying 12,000, so that means it should cost someone 23,000 to purchase. How can they so easily credit me 11,000 for something they did'nt even verify that I own? Seems like they'll tell you whatever you want to hear to get the deal done. I love the place, but am concerned that in a few years time I will have to book 5 years in advance, as it seems their selling memberships at such a dizzying pace they need to keep inventing new levels of memberships as they go along.

Re: Differeces between Memberships

Lulubelle
Hi!  We paid $4000. for our limited weeks with the junior suite and then when we upgraded I think we paid another $14000. as they took off the $4000 we had already paid from the total!  I wish we had exchanged in our other timeshare which is Club La Costa (sister resort) if we would have gotten to keep it anyhow as they were prepared to give us about $23000!  I think like you say they will do whatever to do a deal.  Maybe we will try to upgrade to gold villa status and pay nothing!!!  I think when we are over nxt year we will have a chat to the sales guys and to customer services to see if we can get some answers.  I think that I'm glad that we didn't spend loads so at least we won't lose out if we can't get a villa.

Re: Differeces between Memberships

LoveTheTropics
whatatreat
How did you trip to the resort go?  I am very curious to hear if you got your BBQ at the villa and if not what excuse did they give you.  Were members complaining? Love to hear all about it and I hope most of it is good.

Re: Differeces between Memberships

whatatreat
Well as I said in another post we didn't end up getting a villa. We opted for the free vacation (all inclusive and accommodations all free for 2 weeks). I don't think there would have been a problem with the BBQ, they seem to listen when you raise your voice. It was a great holiday, weather was sunny for the first 12 days, and a few clouds and showers the last 4 days. The food at all the restaurants was even better than it used to be , and the new blue lagoon was awesome.  Also the servers and bartenders at VIP beach were just great. Especially Radin (happy hour), and Glenis, but everyone were great. Al little problem with getting beds in the morning, and dinner reservations. I put up a post called bed run if you want to see more on that.

Re: Differeces between Memberships

Love the Tropics
I am glad to hear the food is better. I read allot of complaints about the food and also people getting food poisoning. I am going down the first week of June can't wait to see the changes at the resort. Ihaven't been back since 2007

Re: Differeces between Memberships

justascubadude
OK.  I am still trying to figure out this membership thing.  So the levels are

Gold
Platinum
Platinum Plus and that is it?

It sounds like there could be more out there.   Seems their pricing and memberhsip levels vary so much it is mind boggling.

I was told when there that Gold for 45 years use was $33,000 before discounts which brought it down to around $25k and then told later that 20 weeks in a Villa was over $25k?  What the heck is happening down there.

Re: Differeces between Memberships

Bella-B
I have the answer you are looking for - straight from the Lifestyles Resort

What is the difference between (including the additional perks):

* Gold access to three four bedroom villas, limo, golf cart this membership is until 2052.
* Platinum access to three, four, five and six bedroom villas. Access to heli and limo, BBQ, Top shelf drink service, ocean world tickets, golf cart. Membership is until 2052.
* Platinum Plus access to three, four, five and six bedroom villas. Access to heli and limo, BBQ one per stay, Top shelf drink service, ocean world tickets, golf cart, lifetime membership.
* Supreme access to three, four, five, six and seven bedroom villas. Access to heli and limo. Pick up in van from Santiago. BBQ once per week, top shelf drinks, laundry services, safety deposit box in all accommodations, golf cart in all accommodations, drink tickets for the vibe disco. Member is allowed to extend some of the membership perks to a guest coming on the membership.

I hope this helps

Re: Differeces between Memberships

jrameses
Bella-B, you are correct about 'Supreme'.
You forgot a couple of other things:

BBQ for villas and Presidential Suites
Lifetime membership.
fresh fruit and cheeses in villas and presidential suites.

The bbq menu includes lobster, steak, and other high end food items.

Then there is 'Shareholder'.

Re: Differeces between Memberships

HappyCamper
I'm a member too, I was just curious if this blog was still active??? If so, I am curious about the Penthouse membership.

Re: Differeces between Memberships

jrameses
It's still open. I have a friend who may have some shareholder benefactor seats available. That is better than penthouse membership.

Joshua

Sent from Ascii's iPhone

On Aug 26, 2015, at 1:40 PM, HappyCamper [via LHVC Members Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:

I'm a member too, I was just curious if this blog was still active??? If so, I am curious about the Penthouse membership.

http://lhvc-members-forum.2319787.n2.nabble.com/Differeces-between-Memberships-tp2321935p7572791.html
To unsubscribe from Differeces between Memberships, click here.
NAML
123