Differeces between Memberships

123

Differeces between Memberships

LoveTheTropics
I am a Gold Member. Like to know the differences between all the memberships including Supreme. I think being a member of this club I would understand it all but I don't. And when I ask the resort I never really get a clear message.
So members, can you tell me what your basic membship entitles you to that would appy to all . I am not interested in any add-ons that you negotiated at time of signing your contract.
I believe there is:
Platinum
Platinum Plus
Platinum Supreme
Thanks. Maybe these memberships will be clearer for everyone.
"LTT"

Re: Differeces between Memberships

capehorn
Administrator
I am a member also and dont really know what the different levels are , I wish it was in writing like a list , but I have never seen anything like a list mabye with this forum we will all find out
The resort is great and I enjoy our membership , but there is so much confussion going on none of us really know
 Im sure there will be some come here mad and upset but that will be good to let them vent , and mabye we can all come to a better understanding of our memberships
I know management watched the other forum and if they didnt like what was said they deleted it , I hope they dont find this forum , even if they do we wont delete it because we have a right to talk stuff over . I do encourage everyone to use a unknown name and to not post your member number
its nice to meet you

Re: Differeces between Memberships

LoveTheTropics
It's nice to meet you too. I hope we are not the only ones on this blog. How can we get more members here. Never, never use your own names or names the resort may recognize. What membership do you have. I am a Gold member.

Re: Differeces between Memberships

capehorn
Administrator
I am Platnium Supreme
Nice to meet you

Re: Differeces between Memberships

LoveTheTropics
Maybe you can tell me what Platinum Supreme is all about. It seems there is allot of talk about Supreme. Do you know the difference between Plus & Supreme. Maybe we can figure it out so I can make up my mind in the future whether this is all worth it.  Do you rent out the villas?

Re: Differeces between Memberships

LoveTheTropics
Just checked LHVC blog. Great idea what you are doing. Hope everyone is bookmarking you.

Re: Differeces between Memberships

whatatreat
Hi everybody,
It will be difficult to get all the members to this site, but if anyone here has an email of any members feel free to let them know about the site. I will try to encourage people to sign up whenever I go to the resort.
I am also worried that if there is too much negativity on the Lifestyles blog they will eliminate it.
We didn't start this site to raise heck, but I think it's important for members to be able to talk about their concerns without being controlled. It's called freedom of speech:-)
Take care

I couldn't agree with you more. Lets face it I think we all love this place but place is  perfect. There are sometimes issues that people want to feel comfortable talking about it...in other words..vent. I think all kinds of advise good or bad will be great. It's a little more personal blogging this way.
Hope for a great turnout!

Re: Differeces between Memberships

whatatreat
I am only a gold member also. when I bought my membership in August 2007, I was told the only membership above me was platinum, but as we all know now there about 6 or 7 levels, and if they keep selling at this rate we are going to need to book 2 or 3 years in advance very soon. That is not what we were told at the time we bought our membership, I believe they said 2 to 3 weeks.
Anyway I find that  the service at the resort, once you are there, is second to none, everyone goes out
of their way to make you feel like you are a king.

Re: Differeces between Memberships

LoveTheTropics
I also joined in Aug 2007. Wasn't it HOT!!! They did tell me about Platinum Plus that I could upgrade to that at a special rate if I did it within 36 months of signing my contract. But why bother now because there is the "Supreme". I think it may be wise to stay were we are and see how the future unfolds. Are you satisfied with your contract?

Re: Differeces between Memberships

whatatreat
Not really. They were supposed to buy another timeshare when we bought this one, but they never did and we ended up paying another $6000 to get rid of it. So that was a bad start. Had we known then what we know now we wouldn't have bought. Why not just rent from a Supreme member and get all the benefits.
At the time they told me the only difference between us and platinum,, was the helicopter, and we could only have a guarantee for up to 4 bedrooms. As we have found out since there is a lot more, but as far a we can see it's still not worth spending another $90000 to up grade. And like I said in another post the service from the people at the resort is what makes the holiday. We are heading down on Tuesday for 2 weeks, and really looking forward to some sun, and pampering.
Yes August 2007 was real hot, but not as hot as last June, I think we are done going in the summertime, it is just too hot.

Re: Differeces between Memberships

capehorn
Administrator
are you guys unlimited  or how many weeks you get
Our membership is unlimited so I rent it out
I would say most people would be money ahead just renting , when I rent to some one they get everything including a golf cart. they do not get  helicopter ride or limo ride , the barbaque , and full bar in villa , but they can just have a drinks strait pour them in a empty water bottle and bring that to the villa and mix their drinks ,
I only make about 250 on rentals for a week up to 3 bedroom for the larger villas I make more , but they would have to go thousands of times for the price of a membership. If I would have met a owner like me before I went I would have rented through them for ever
I have herd it is comon practice for them not to follow through on a previously owned time share and not take it , with today economic conditions they are better off letting you keep it and rent it out yourself or give it to a cherity if you dont want to bother renting it , selling it is almost impossible now
All in All I am glad I bought , but I wish they would put things in writing and show exactly what each level has

Re: Differeces between Memberships

Told only my friends
 I too was told they were going to take my other timeshare off my hands( they gave me 11,000 dollars credit) but it turns out I have to get rid of it myself. I only bought 3 months ago and have started to become skeptical about my purchase as it seems everyone is told something different. Don't get me wrong, the place is a paradise, great service and accomodations etc., but what's with all these levels of membership. I have an unlimited jr suite, that's it. Will I actually be able to book a vacation in the future when all these new members are joining at higher levels than me. Also, your right about the LHVC website. I posted a negative comment a couple weeks ago that has since been removed. I try to login and it says the system is temporarily out of service(for 2 weks now). My post did'nt include any profanity or anything, and it's like I've been shut down . It's like these people know they should stop selling memberships because they won't be able to satisfy future vacation demands, but they just keep selling anyway.

Re: Differeces between Memberships

whatatreat
My membership is also unlimited (52 weeks), but I can only book up to a 4 bedroom villa, and it is not easy to book, so renting it out is hard unless the people going know well on advance.
And yes, nobody seems to know what they get with their memberships including me. I saw a post last week saying that they no longer give Gold members a BBQ when staying in a villa, but let me tell you I will not take kindly to that, they better give a BBQ. I will check this blog a few times while I'm there, so if you guys have any questions just ask me, and I will try to get an answer.
Cheers

Re: Differeces between Memberships

capehorn
Administrator
They told me they were taking my timeshare in for trade also , I dont think they actually will but thats fine with me , I can rent it and if it becomes to much trouble , I will donate it to cherity and get a tax rite off.
They watch their board closely , but thats ok we have this one
If you have unlimited Jr suites you will do ok they are usually pretty open on those , If you want to go around the holidays book early , If you decide not to go just cancel prior to a week ahead of time , they take that money and place it in your account and use it for next trip.

If you upgrade to somthing larger than a Jr suite do they give it to you for your price or do they charge you more for it

I dont think any time share company ever stops selling , getting villas is the hardest thing to do other than Christmas and new years and a week or two in the summer most other accommodations are open

I alwayse recomend resurving somthing a few months in advance villas or holidays a year ahead is good jsut in case you decide to go

Re: Differeces between Memberships

capehorn
Administrator
This post was updated on .
I rent more 1 berdoom apt suites than anything else . I can rent  large villas  but almost alwayse rent a 3 bedroom villa to people , I make the same profit on a 1 bedroom suite as I do a villa and when the resort is full on villas I do better since people have to rent a couple suites

I think a barbaque is still provided to gold members just not to their guest they rent to , Now if you are sending a family member down you have to let them know and they will treat your family just like you , I was told some of the members renting out were telling customer service almost every group they sent was family so they were cracking down on it I was told , who knows for sure , let us know once you get down there

Re: Differeces between Memberships

LoveTheTropics
I am so glad to see so many members joining the blog. Got home late tonight and I'm tired I will join everyone tomorrow.

Re: Differeces between Memberships

LoveTheTropics
LOVE TO HEAR MORE ABOUT DIFFERENT MEMBERSHIPS :)

Re: Differeces between Memberships

Diver
I still dont know what a gold member is compared to a platnium member or a supreme member
or just how many leveles there are

Re: Differeces between Memberships

LoveTheTropics
Well I am a gold member which entitles me to 3 & 4 bedroom villas with a 3 bedroom guaranteed. My membership is for 52 weeks unlimited and expires in 45 years. I too am supposed to get the BBQ, golf cart for all including guests and a bonus for referrals. Also they added options to purchase platinum or platinum plus at a discount price if I upgraded within 36 month of the signing of my contract. There was no Supreme at the time.
But guess what friends they are no longer honoring what is in my contract!!! It's in writing and it is very clear. What do I do???
123