Bed run

whatatreat
Hi everyone.
This is now a typical morning at lifestyles. Get up @6;30 am, have a shower. Go down to VIP beach to line up for the bed run by 7:00 am. The bed run is something new that has started because, too many people were paying for their bed ( tipping to have their bed reserved ) so now they have a gate up, and you can't get into VIP beach till 8:00 am. So you get to the line at 7:00 am, and stand in line for the doors to open at 8:00 am, when the doors open you better run, if you don't run you might not get a bed. I am not kidding sometimes it gets quit nasty, people verbally fighting over beds. (one day there will be a fist fight, I would think). When you have your bed you hurry to breakfast, because by 8:45 am you have to line up for dinner reservations at VIP office. ( you can try to call, but often they don't answer the phone for 45 minutes and all the reservations are gone by then). The doors open @9:00 am, when you have made your reservations for dinner, you will have to be back at VIP beach by 10:00 am, because if you leave your bed for more than 2 hours you loose it. So like you can see it is a pretty busy morning, and that's what they call a holiday?  As you can see, they don't have enough beds at VIP beach to accommodate everybody, and it's a huge problem. Also there are not enough reservations for everyone, which is also a problem. They have lots of room to expand the VIP beach into the non VIP side as there are not very many non members there anymore. And the restaurants are only half full, when they say they are booked?
Next time anyone goes, please fill in a survey and stress the fact that it is not a very relaxing holiday when you have to do so much running around, and suggest they expand VIP beach, and fill the restaurants, or it will only get worse, because believe it or not, but they are still selling many memberships every day. There are already way too many members, and it will get a lot worse with the member base growing.
I was told 2 years ago they had 2000 members. Now there are close to 10 000. Imagine what it will be like in 2 years from now ,if they are still around??  Please voice your concerns when you are there, so at least they know we are unhappy with the current situation.

Re: Bed run

Diver
Thanks for the update , I am going soon and will post when I get back I hope it isnt that bad , but am expecting it to be from what I have been reading

Re: Bed run

Told only my friends
 When exactly were you there? When I was there in November, there were always plenty of beds available. I always wondered what it must be like when the place is booked full, there can't possibly be enough beds for everyone. It does'nt seem like a very enjoyable vacation if you have to rush around in order to be able to relax. I'll just make sure I always go at off peak time after hearing this story, there's no way I'm going to run a race for a bed. Instead of selling these memberships and then letting people sell their weeks, they should only allow members and their friends to use this resort. Too many non members clogging things up it seems. I only told it to my friends, I wish everyone else would too.

Re: Bed run

whatatreat
I was there from Feb 18 to Mar 5, 2009. And yes the resort was very full, but it would still be nice if they had enough beds for most of the guests. As far as only letting members go to the resort, I would love to see that as well, but when they sell the memberships that is one of their selling points, that you can make a business out of it, so I think if they were to say members only they would have a lot of upset members.